From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:54:13
1 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > My thanks, too! There's nothing like reading on some actual experience
3 > with this. So this was once the reason to keep / separate. Not that
4 > important anymore (but this is still no excuse to force people to keep
5 > /usr in the same filesystem).
6
7 Mines on a separate partition because it is on LVM instead of a regular
8 partition. Actually, only / and /boot is on a regular partition.
9 Everything else is on LVM. I don't have / on LVM because I don't want
10 to use a init thingy.
11
12 I just wonder, how many people still have /usr on a separate partition.
13 Like most things, there is no way to really know.
14
15 Dale
16
20 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!