From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web mail
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 06:28:08
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2 > you could take a look at roundcube.net
3
4 Your the second person to mention roundcube. Has everyone heard of
5 Roundcube but me? : )
6
7 It looks nice and I will go check it out.
8
9 > I am connecting to courier imap on the same box with some very large
10 > (read: owned by a lazy b'stard) mailboxes. The performance hit seems to
11 > be equally divided between courier and apache (which will be the php
12 > stuff no doubt). I may try dovecot which is held out by some as a better
13 > performer.
14
15 I am running courier as well. I haven't tried dovecot. My largest
16 folder has about 75 emails so I guess performance should be fine.
17 I am the opposite and delete everything. It has come to bite me in the
18 bum many times. I need to start saving emails.
19
20 Jim
21 --
23 There's no place like 127.0.0.1