From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo RPi boot to ram or read-only FS?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 18:14:38
1 On 26/05/2020 18:28, Frank Tarczynski wrote:
2 > That's the Gentoo version that I'm using. But I'm looking for a way to
3 > make it bullet-proof to having the plug pulled.
4
5 Don't use an SD card? Seriously, pulling the power on an SD card has
6 been known to corrupt it beyond recovery. BUT.
7
8 Is the big worry that the home directory will get corrupted etc etc? I
9 don't know if you can partition an SD card, but look at doing a
10 kiosk-style install with the OS protected and read-only. Then look at
11 sticking a loopback device on top of home, so that any changes exist
12 only in ram, and are lost on shutdown. Hopefully, that means you now
13 have a system that can boot and run off a write-protected SD card :-)
14
15 Look at the raid wiki site
16
17 https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid#When_Things_Go_Wrogn
18
19 and especially the stuff on recovering a damaged raid for info about how
20 to set up loopback.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Wol