From: Christopher Copeland <chrcop@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] md5sum for directories?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:36:17
1 On 26 Feb 2008, at 19:51, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > Thanks. I think this has been suggested before for my backups - IIRC
4 > it has a useful --ignore-path or --exclude-path command which can
5 > insure you all the users' Documents & Settings, without the useless
6 > temp & "Temporary Internet Files".
9 rsync has excellent control over what is copied via the include and
10 exclude options.
11
12 > I've just tried `rsync- vrchi` on a pair of subdirectories ("My
13 > Documents") of the backup I made last week and on those it seems run
14 > in acceptable time. I got little output, however, so have deleted a
15 > couple of files from the destination (I should perhaps write some
16 > random data to another) and am running it again in anticipation of
17 > some "copying /a/b/c/file /x/y/z/file" output.
20 When I run rsync interactively i usually add --stats and --progress to
21 the command. Those will give you more feedback.
22
23 > I appreciate your help,
24
25 Least I could do, and if I hadn't mentioned it I am sure someone else
26 would have. This is a gentoo list ;-)
27 --
28 Christopher
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list