From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Policykit problems (blueman, nm-applet, USB mount, etc) after some update
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 14:18:28
1 On Friday, 26 October 2018 14:41:53 BST Alexey Eschenko wrote:
2 > On 10/26/18 3:15 PM, Mick wrote:
3
4 > > You may want to check if you have left any manually created session files
5 > > in / etc/X11/Sessions/ and ~/.xinit or ~/.xsession.
6 >
7 > Thanks for the tips. But looks like it's not my case (or at least I
8 > think so):
9 > > root@skobkin-pc /etc/X11/Sessions
10 > >
11 > > > # ls -l
12 > >
13 > > total 6
14 > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Aug 9 16:14 Xfce -> Xfce4
15 > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11 Aug 9 16:14 Xfce4
16 > > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2187 Jul 9 11:05 Xsession
17
18 On my system only Xsession is now listed. Did you install Xfce in Aug when
19 the session file and symlink were created, or did you set these up manually?
20
21 How do you start your X session? Do you use a Display Manager to login?
24 > > As a result there were two sessions
25 > > starting as shown by ck-list-sessions
26 >
27 > I don't have ck-list-sessions binary in my filesystem. Looks like it's
28 > provided by sys-auth/consolekit which is not installed in my system
29 > right now. But I think it was until I moved to the systemd and then made
30 > depclean.
31
32 Yes, systemd uses its own systemd-logind instead.
35 > Also after this I tried to list sessions with loginctl but I've got
36 >
37 > strange result:
38 > > > $ loginctl list-sessions
39 > >
40 > > No sessions.
41 >
42 > I remember when I used it last time it showed at least one X-session...
43
44 Hmm ... there should be a Session/User/Seat output listed as far as I know.
45 So there seems to be a problem right there. I don't use either systemd or
46 Xfce to compare with mine, but hopefully someone who does will chime in soon.
49 Regards,
50 Mick