From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:42:31
1 On 2012-03-17 19:38, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > you know, with that 'put everything into /usr' crap going on, I don't see any
3 > reason to have a seperate /usr at all. /root is completely empty. So what? Put
4 > everything on one partition and go on.
5
6 Yes, let's do away with partitions altogether, who needs them? Let's
7 also get rid of directories, and come to think of it, let's put
8 everything into one binary file (kernel + userspace)! Perhaps we can
9 call it "initeverything"? Nice and tidy! Oh, better yet, let's put it
10 into the firmware (may need to expand current flash ROM though), that
11 way we can do away with harddrives (saving stuff in the volatile memory
12 instead)!
13
14 W00t?
15
16 > I will not use an initramfs if I can get away with it.
17
18 See above...
19
20 PS. Keep this email away from Poettering and Sievert; don't want to give
21 them any ideas!
22
23 Best regards
24