From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is dhcpcd starting by itself?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:34:56
1 Willie WY Wong wrote:
2 > On Thursday night, I emerged some packages
3 >
4 << SNIP >>
5 > Can someone help me figure out how to find the offending initscript that is
6 > needlessly calling dhcpcd?
7 >
8 > Cheers,
9 > W
13 This may not be it but worth taking a look at. /etc/rc.conf From that
14 file:
15
16 # rc_hotplug is a list of services that we allow to be hotplugged.
17 # By default we do not allow hotplugging.
18 # A hotplugged service is one started by a dynamic dev manager when a
19 matching
20 # hardware device is found.
21 # This service is intrinsically included in the boot runlevel.
22 # To disable services, prefix with a !
23 # Example - rc_hotplug="net.wlan !net.*"
24 # This allows net.wlan and any service not matching net.* to be plugged.
25 # Example - rc_hotplug="*"
26 # This allows all services to be hotplugged
27 #rc_hotplug="*"
28
29 I think that should be off by default but maybe try disabling them all
30 manually just in case.
31
32 Dale
33
37 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
38 how you interpreted my words!
39
40 Miss the compile output? Hint:
41 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"