From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is dhcpcd starting by itself?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:44:18
1 On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 07:32:43AM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked:
2 > This may not be it but worth taking a look at. /etc/rc.conf From that
3 > file:
4 >
5 > # rc_hotplug is a list of services that we allow to be hotplugged.
6 > # By default we do not allow hotplugging.
7 > # A hotplugged service is one started by a dynamic dev manager when a
8 > matching
9 > # hardware device is found.
10 > # This service is intrinsically included in the boot runlevel.
11 > # To disable services, prefix with a !
12 > # Example - rc_hotplug="net.wlan !net.*"
13 > # This allows net.wlan and any service not matching net.* to be plugged.
14 > # Example - rc_hotplug="*"
15 > # This allows all services to be hotplugged
16 > #rc_hotplug="*"
17 >
18 > I think that should be off by default but maybe try disabling them all
19 > manually just in case.
22 Hotplug has never been turned on in my case.
23
24 I've always had
25
26 rc_hotplug="!net.*"
27
28 W
29 --
30 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
31 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton