From: Andreas Niederl <rico32@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal Gentoo installation
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:35:32
1 Hi,
2
3 Petar Dimitrijevic wrote:
4 > Hi ppl,
5 >
6 > My basic idea is to have chroot-ed environment which will be the full
7 > system and then to install separate system with only minimal stuff
8 > (without gcc, portage, ...). When I need to update the minimal system I
9 > will first update the chrooted one and the emerge the updates onto the
10 > new one.
11 >
12 > So I got the stage3 tarball, unpacked it and and chrooted it. I've
13 > updated all the packages and started installation of new packages with:
14 > ROOT="/install" emerge ...
15 >
16 > I wanted to ask if somebody has done something like this, is something
17 > like this possible and are there any wiki's or howto's on this topic.
18 > I've tried searching through the handbook and google-ing but had no luck.
19
20 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TinyGentoo provides a somewhat extensive
21 introduction to this as well as a long list of links to related web pages.
22
23 Note, that you have to include libstdc++.so yourself if you're not
24 emerging gcc into your /install.
25
26 If you're not cross-compiling you might want to have a look at
27 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml
30 Regards,
31 Andi
32 --