From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] When is a disk not a disk?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:05:13
1 On Monday 08 February 2010 15:02:51 Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Did you intend to have 3 100MB partitions at the start of your drive
4 > and then everything else inside of an extended partition? It's not
5 > wrong - it was just unexpected for me.
6
7 I did, but I think I'll revert to just a single boot partition. The
8 other two little ones were for other distros' boot directories, so that
9 installing them wouldn't clobber my Gentoo boot - the latest Ubuntu uses
10 grub-2, for instance, which I don't want mixed with grub-1.
11
12 > Is yours a 1-Terabyte drive?
13
14 Yes. Vast overkill for what I need it for, but it seems normal nowadays.
17 Rgds
18 Peter.