From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sipix Pocket Printer A6
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 01:12:54
1 On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:03:19 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > 2. I'm using a USB->serial converter and I get a permissions error
4 > when trying to print unless I chmod /dev/ttyUSB0. The file shows up
5 > before chmod as:
6 >
7 > crw-rw---- 1 root uucp
8 >
9 > The problem with chmod is it resets after unplug/plug. My user is in
10 > the uucp group. How can I enable printing after unplug/plug without
11 > chmod?
12
13 That looks like it should work, but you can change the permissions or
14 ownership with a udev rule.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.