From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package masking question
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:19:42
1 Hani Duwaik wrote:
2 >> Have you tried the suggestion outlined at:
3 >
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3
7 Yes, that is just normal package masking. Maybe I should elaborate.
8 I like to update daily. When the occasional blocker or cyclic dependency
9 hit, I'd like to simply mark it (generate bug report if necessary), and go
10 on. Where I find myself failing with the package.mask approach is
11 remembering some time in the future to go back and remove these
12 temporary masks.
13
14 So I was querying if there is a better process. Some way to tickle
15 that the ebuild that caused the problem has been upgraded and that
16 I should unmask the package.
19 Thank you,
20 Roy
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list