From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual OS clock issues
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 22:04:41
1 On Thursday 04 Jun 2015 20:30:24 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Derek Ellison <derek.isname@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I have two HDD in a UEFI system. Windows 8 on one and Gentoo on the
4 > > other. Currently I have to update the clock everytime I boot to the
5 > > other OS and I'm wondering if there is a way I can avoid this? It's
6 > > just starting to get to be a pain to have to update it everytime.
7 > >
8 > > Any information would be most welcome.
9 > >
10 > > Thanks!
11 >
12 > You didn't tell us your timezone and the time difference between
13 > Windows and Linux. But I assume that you can fix your problem by
14 > editing /etc/conf.d/hwclock.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Regards
18 > wabe
19
20 Comments in the file pointed to by Wabe say:
21
22 # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your Hardware Clock is set to UTC (also known as
23 # Greenwich Mean Time). If that clock is set to the local time, then
24 # set CLOCK to "local". Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
25 # you should set it to "local".
26
27 MSWindows overwrites the hardware clock with the local time on shutdown. You
28 can either define your Gentoo hardware clock as "local" in
29 /etc/conf.d/hwclock, so that it is the same with MSWindows ... or set it as
30 UTC and fix MSWindows to treat the hardware clock as a UTC setting too. Add a
31 new registry key in MSWindows:
32
33 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
34 “RealTimeIsUniversal”=dword:00000001
37 Regards,
38 Mick