From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Living in NGL: was: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 19:22:35
1 On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 12:08 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > I just might find a simple distro that I can install on that thing.
4 Honestly, I don't really care what is on it as long as it does what I want
5 and I can figure out how to make it work easily enough.
6 <SNIP>
7
8 Consider Ubuntu Server. It's text only and will likely have everything you
9 need to start other than the NFS server which is easy enough to install.
10 ssh is on it by default,
11
12 You will need a monitor to install.
13
14 Update after install is probably two commands which is more or less
15 equivalent to emerge -DuN world but takes only a couple of minutes.
16
17 sudo apt update
18 sudo apt upgrade
19
20 There are lots of web pages that will tell you how to install and configure
21 the NFS server. It's not hard and only necessary if you actually want to
22 create mounts. Not necessary for rsync.