From: zcml@××××××.us
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GTK Graphical Problems
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 22:03:33
1 On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 10:01:43AM +0100, jdm wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:14:40 +0100
3 > jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > At the weekend I updated my system and after reboot some of my apps
8 > > have lots of black black squares/rectangles all over the place,
9 > > covering all of the app window and making email difficult to write.
10 > >
11 > > Initially I thought this was a Wayland problem as using Wayfire but
12 > > switched to X11 desktop and still had same issue.
13 > >
14 > > Trying all my apps this looks to be a GTK related issues as happening
15 > > with claws-mail (worst), gkrellm, gcolor2, Bluefish etc. QT/EFL apps
16 > > seem to be fine (qtfm, keepass). Firefox-bin works just fine, oddly.
17 > >
18 > > Anyone else seen this. I see a thread talking about GTK slots but not
19 > > sure if this is related.
20 > >
21 > > I've rebuilt all gtk related packages which has not helped.
22 > >
23 > > John
26 > Noticed a minor oddity with sddm where text not rendering correctly so
27 > decided not a gtk problem but strange that qt apps where hardly
28 > affected.
29 >
30 > Updated mesa to latest version (currently masked) and issue
31 > has gone away.
32 >
33 > John
36 What version of mesa was causing the problem, what version did you
37 upgrade to, and what are your useflags? I've been having similar issues,
38 but I'm on the current (21.1.1) version of mesa.
39
40 Did you upgrade drivers anywhere?