From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why exactly am I supposed to install Python 3?
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:09:57
1 On Tuesday 08 December 2009 00:41:57 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Quoting from the page on Python 2.7 (released today):
3 >
4 > Python 2.7 is scheduled to be the last major version in the
5 > 2.x series before it moves into 5 years of bugfix-only mode.
6 >
7 > So there's at least 5 years of life left in the 2.x series.
10 Agreed. The elog message strikes me as merely an enthusiastic endorsement of
11 cool shiny new stuff from an over-zealous maintainer who doesn't quite grasp
12 how slow traction can be in the real world
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com