From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another question regarding grub......
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:13:50
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Just wondering, is there a way to make grub just display the boot
3 > options, that is the various OS's that I can boot to through grub,
4 > without timing out to the default? At times I turn my PC on, wander off
5 > to fix up something else and come back to find that grubs booted the
6 > default boot option, but on this occasion it's not the OS I want. It's
7 > a case of log in to the loaded OS, shutdown/reboot and then reselect
8 > the appropriate OS the next time around. It would be great it it would
9 > just sit there with the options listed, ready for me to make a choice.
10 >
11 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
12 > Andrew
15 You could try commenting out the timeout and default lines in
16 grub.conf. I never did it but it should work.
17
18 Hope that helps.
19
20 Dale