From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Making sure I am a good netizen and secure.
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:20:12
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 06 September 2009 10:40:53 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Recent kde-libs-3.5 have a hard dependency on zeroconf/nDSNResponder. A
5 >>> contentious decision at the time
6 >>>
7 >>> KDE-4 uses avahi
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >> There is hope for the future, if I ever get to liking KDE 4. I got KDE
12 >> 4.3 installed but just ain't warmed up to it yet. :\
15 > KDE-4 takes some getting used to, but it's worth the effort if you like a rich
16 > interactive desktop.
17 >
18 > One thing it definitely is not, is the next evolution of KDE-3. Comparisons
19 > with KDE-3 are going result in disappointment :-) Better to consider it for
20 > what it is - a project that stands alone and should be judged on it's own
21 > merits.
25 I was thinking it would have to grow on me a little . One thing I don't
26 like is how it does the background. I have a directory that has
27 thousands of pictures, I'm a little camera hungry at times, but each
28 time I login it rebuilds the index which takes a long time. I just hope
29 that that will improve later on and a few other things will get better
30 as well. It's OK but just not there for me yet.
31
32 Maybe 4.4 will be better.
33
34 Dale