From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Making sure I am a good netizen and secure.
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 09:50:45
1 On Sunday 06 September 2009 10:40:53 Dale wrote:
2 > > Recent kde-libs-3.5 have a hard dependency on zeroconf/nDSNResponder. A
3 > > contentious decision at the time
4 > >
5 > > KDE-4 uses avahi
9 > There is hope for the future, if I ever get to liking KDE 4. I got KDE
10 > 4.3 installed but just ain't warmed up to it yet. :\
11
12 KDE-4 takes some getting used to, but it's worth the effort if you like a rich
13 interactive desktop.
14
15 One thing it definitely is not, is the next evolution of KDE-3. Comparisons
16 with KDE-3 are going result in disappointment :-) Better to consider it for
17 what it is - a project that stands alone and should be judged on it's own
18 merits.
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com