From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:07:14
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale, you brave, brave man, are you really using KDE4 now?
3 >
4 > Wonko
8 I am in KDE4. I still have KDE3 installed tho. Thing is, I'm still
9 using the same programs I was in KDE3. Dolphin looks nice and all but I
10 can't use it as root at all. So, I went back to Konqueror to edit
11 config files and such. I don't use some of the programs that you are
12 using so I don't have the same issues. I use smplayer to do movies or
13 CDs. It doesn't care what DE you use.
14
15 I have to admit, I am sort of moving some things away from KDE. The way
16 KDE has done this change over has certainly left a bad taste in my
17 mouth. If they do KDE5 the same way, I will likely be switching to
18 something else. Heck, I may not be using KDE specific apps by then.
19 Smplayer for example will run on any DE as far as I know.
20
21 I do like the looks of KDE4. I still think they dropped KDE3 to soon.
22 KDE4 will get there but it is still having issues many months after
23 dropping KDE3. Bad thing is, I don't think they care about the users
24 they left hanging in the wind.
25
26 Dale
27