From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] black screen on boot when udevevents are processed
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 22:29:51
1 <wabenbau@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I'm getting a black screen during booting, with the last message I can
8 >> see being that udevevents are being processed.
9 >>
10 >> This happens with an NVIDIA GTX770 connected to a 4k display via a
11 >> display port cable, and only when the monitor is configured to use
12 >> display port 1.2 rather than 1.1. With 1.1, I can get only 30Hz
13 >> refresh rate, so I want to use 1.2, which should allow 60.
14 >>
15 >> Installed are nvidia-drivers 343.36.
16 >>
17 >> Do I need a very special display port cable for this, or what might
18 >> the issue? Both the graphics card and the monitor should be able to
19 >> do the full resolution at 60Hz just fine.
20 >
21 > You need a DP cable that is able to handle a resolution of 4k@60Hz. Not
22 > all DP cables can do this.
23
24 Hm, I bought this cable today, so I'd think it should be ok --- but I
25 didn't explicitly specify that it must be one that does 4k@60. I didn't
26 know I might have to.
27
28 Is there any way to tell? The sticker on the package only says DP/DP
29 2.0m.
30
31 > But if you use the cable that is delivered with your monitor, it
32 > should work for all resolutions/refresh rates as long as it is not
33 > broken.
34
35 Unfortunately, the cable that came with it has a normal size connector
36 on one end and a small size connector on the other. Both the monitor
37 and the graphics card require the normal size connector, so I cannot use
38 that cable. That's why I bought one ...
39
40 > Sorry, but I can't say anything about the rest of your questions.
41
42 Np; when I don't have the right cable, it'll never work anyway. Now I
43 know what I need to look into first :)
47 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
48 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.