From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] black screen on boot when udevevents are processed
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 21:47:02
1 lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm getting a black screen during booting, with the last message I can
6 > see being that udevevents are being processed.
7 >
8 > This happens with an NVIDIA GTX770 connected to a 4k display via a
9 > display port cable, and only when the monitor is configured to use
10 > display port 1.2 rather than 1.1. With 1.1, I can get only 30Hz
11 > refresh rate, so I want to use 1.2, which should allow 60.
12 >
13 > Installed are nvidia-drivers 343.36.
14 >
15 > Do I need a very special display port cable for this, or what might
16 > the issue? Both the graphics card and the monitor should be able to
17 > do the full resolution at 60Hz just fine.
18
19 You need a DP cable that is able to handle a resolution of 4k@60Hz. Not
20 all DP cables can do this. But if you use the cable that is delivered
21 with your monitor, it should work for all resolutions/refresh rates as
22 long as it is not broken.
23
24 Sorry, but I can't say anything about the rest of your questions.
27 Regards
28 wabe