From: Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Now Know Why Portage Is So Slow
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 01:35:58
1 * On May 25 21:45, Lord Sauron (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
2 > I'm learning Gentoo as fast and as much as I can!
3
4 Cool! I hope you like it as much as the others here - it's a great
5 system for a lot of uses.
6
7 > I've fixed many problems by myself that you haven't heard about because
8 > I managed to fix them myself. I'm not as idiotic as some, but I'm not
9 > at all familiar with portage and that's why I'm asking: I'm a hardened
10 > apt-get veteran, but with portage I'm still learning, which is why I
11 > ask.
12
13 I wasn't trying to be rude, and you're certainly not idiotic - I just
14 think it's to everyone's benefit to read the docs. Gentoo has very good
15 documentation.
16
17 Tom
18 --