From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Now Know Why Portage Is So Slow
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 04:54:49
1 On 5/25/06, Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > * On May 25 16:44, Daniel da Veiga (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
3 > > (correct me if I'm wrong, but you installed using the Gentoo Installer,
4 > > didn't you? if you had a complete experience of Gentoo install, you
5 > > would know that by now, that's why I strongly advice new users to AVOID
6 > > THE INSTALLER)
7 >
8 > Good point, Daniel. I totally forgot about the installer because I've
9 > never even looked at it, but you're right - the only way someone could
10 > miss that is if they used the installer or if someone else installed
11 > Gentoo for them.
12 >
13 > That said, I must reiterate the sentiment - avoid the installer like the
14 > plague.
15 >
16 > (Sorry, installer project folks. I just don't agree with it.)
17 >
18 > To the original poster, and to anyone else who has used the installer,
19 > please do the list and yourselves a favor - read the guides, learn your
20 > system. I don't mean this to be rude in any way, but you'll get much
21 > more benefit out of Gentoo that way.
22
23 I'm learning Gentoo as fast and as much as I can! I've fixed many
24 problems by myself that you haven't heard about because I managed to
25 fix them myself. I'm not as idiotic as some, but I'm not at all
26 familiar with portage and that's why I'm asking: I'm a hardened
27 apt-get veteran, but with portage I'm still learning, which is why I
28 ask.
32 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
33 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
34 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
35 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
36 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list