From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32to64 bit migration guide
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 05:19:23
1 On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 11:09:15PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote
2
3 > You will find the occasional issue with brain-dead proprietary
4 > software products (note carefully how I'm NOT looking at Adobe...) but
5 > that is fixable with nsspuginwrapper.
6
7 Note that WINE requires 32-bit support libraries installed *DURING THE
8 OS INSTALL* to run on a 64-bit system. Apparently 32-bit support can be
9 added after the fact, but it's painful, and a re-install is a lot easier.
10 What I ended up doing was emerging qemu-kvm and installing a 32-bit
11 gentoo guest in that. Then I installed WINE inside the 32-bit guest OS.
12 I run WINE and the one Windows app over ssh into X, so that individual
13 windows pop up looking native to my 64-bit desktop.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>