From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: acroread woes
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:23:49
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Ctrl+scroll works here with Firefox for zooming in or out.
5
6 Yes, it did not occur to me that this function is under 'hotkeys' (duh).
7 I found a master listing for FF so it is fine now.
10 > I have set FF to ask whether to open or save. I can open with qpdfviewer
11 > which is my default pdf viewer application. No problems printing pdf
12 > documents with it.
15 Hmmm. I cannot find 'qpdfviewer' even as an overlay? How did you install it?
18 > Isn't this a matter of setting it up your browser (any browser) to ask you
19 > what to do with pdf content? Check under Preferences/Applications/pdf.
22 No not really. No matter what I do no seamonkey, it give a black screen
23 of death, if I have it default to acroread. So now I set it to ask me
24 and I can download if I need to, then use acroread from the CLI. Extra
25 steps I did not use to have to do; but, I'll live with it for now.
26 Chromium wants to put too many packages on the system, but I may install
27 it just for grins (thx Neil).
28
29 OK so all is workable now...... sheash..... hotkeys.......I need sleep....
32 thx,
33 James