From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] acroread woes
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:32:10
1 On Wednesday 23 Jul 2014 15:48:08 James wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I have acroread 9.5.5 installed. It is set as the default pdf
5 > reader for both seamoney and firefox. I mostly use seamonkey, because
6 > it allows for page/font sizing on the fly, via the mouse wheel (middle
7 > button on my logitech mouse). I'd use firefox more, if I could figure
8 > out dynamic font size adjustments, via the mouse wheel under firebox.
9 > Maybe an addon does this? Scrolling fonts sizes is quinessentially
10 > important to old eyes, imho.
11
12 Ctrl+scroll works here with Firefox for zooming in or out.
15 > On seamonkey, when I follow a web link to a pdf, I just get a black page on
16 > my browser. Under firefox, I get the pdf to open up to be read,
17 > but can only print postscript files, unless I go to the
18 > adobe web site; which is not an option for me.
19
20 I have set FF to ask whether to open or save. I can open with qpdfviewer
21 which is my default pdf viewer application. No problems printing pdf
22 documents with it.
25 > I'm looking for a long term solution that easily allows both
26 > viewing and download of the pdf file; that's how acroread use
27 > to work. Googling yeilds a myriad of choices and viewpoints, but
28 > I've not found any solutions I'm happy with.
29
30 Isn't this a matter of setting it up your browser (any browser) to ask you
31 what to do with pdf content? Check under Preferences/Applications/pdf.
34 Regards,
35 Mick