From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Searching for a solution to a logical problem...
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:52:01
1 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com> [11-11-06 12:32]:
2 > If I am understanding the problem, maybe what you should do is to
3 > choose a window manager that can disable a given binding when the
4 > focus is at a given window (blender, in this case). I think fvwm can
5 > do this, but it takes some learning to use it with proficiency.
6 >
7 > In any case, there will always be shortcomings to this. While you are
8 > working at blender you will surely sometimes activate that key combo
9 > hoping for the blender functionality, but sometimes you will forget
10 > you are working with it and hence you will expect that combo to take
11 > you to another desktop. The only real solution is mind-reading, which
12 > computer will handle someday, but not quite yet.
13 >
14 > In the while, what I suggest you is to use saner bindings. In a pc the
15 > mod4/win key does nothing useful, if you become accustomed to use it
16 > for all your WM bindings there will not be conflicts with most
17 > applications, probably. That's what I do. Learning some WMs can be
18 > time consuming, but configuring the keybindings is usually quick
19 > enough.
20 > --
21 > Jesús Guerrero Botella
24 Hi Jesús,
25
26 yes, seems to be the only way to... :)
27
28 Sideeffect: There is no mod4/win on my keyboard... ;) ... I am
29 using an IBM model M of 1988...a time, when win-keys where
30 pure science fiction.
31
32 Buth this doesn't nullify the idea of "make all keybindings unique"
33 in any way!
34
35 It seems there is a lot of work ahead for me :)
36
37 Thank you for your help and for your understanding!
38 Have a nice sunday!
39 Best regards,
40 mcc