From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Searching for a solution to a logical problem...
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:28:27
1 If I am understanding the problem, maybe what you should do is to
2 choose a window manager that can disable a given binding when the
3 focus is at a given window (blender, in this case). I think fvwm can
4 do this, but it takes some learning to use it with proficiency.
5
6 In any case, there will always be shortcomings to this. While you are
7 working at blender you will surely sometimes activate that key combo
8 hoping for the blender functionality, but sometimes you will forget
9 you are working with it and hence you will expect that combo to take
10 you to another desktop. The only real solution is mind-reading, which
11 computer will handle someday, but not quite yet.
12
13 In the while, what I suggest you is to use saner bindings. In a pc the
14 mod4/win key does nothing useful, if you become accustomed to use it
15 for all your WM bindings there will not be conflicts with most
16 applications, probably. That's what I do. Learning some WMs can be
17 time consuming, but configuring the keybindings is usually quick
18 enough.
19 --
20 Jesús Guerrero Botella