From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice and suspend-to-ram
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:46:27
1 Am 01.02.2011 14:55, schrieb Gregory SACRE:
2 > Hi Stephan,
5 > Frankly, I don't think it would bring anything to you, except maybe
6 > the possibility to cancel a suspension on the fly and maybe some check
7 > when coming from suspension.
8 >
9 > I'm using tuxonice only for the suspend to disk, but even there, the
10 > kernel has some builtin features that would be sufficient for me (I'm
11 > lazy, I don't want to try ;-)).
12 >
13 > tuxonice is mainly some wrapping scripts that makes the suspension
14 > more feature full than the bare kernel provided but in the end, they
15 > still use what the kernel provides.
16 >
17 > In your case, I don't think it's mandatory to use tuxonice.
18
19 Thanks, Greg!