From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 13:10:20
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 05:26:33 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> It didn't find anything either so I guess nothing plasma got updated. I
5 >> think what happened could be this. One of the KDE packages didn't like
6 >> my old config and reset itself to the default. When it did that, it
7 >> made other changes as well. Still, either way I like it.
8 > KDE5 stores it's config in a different place - .config instead of .kde4.
9 > KDE does have a function for porting configs when the options or format
10 > changes, so it is possible something got reset to a default.
13 As far as I know, I'm still on KDE4. I was attempting to try KDE5 but I
14 never actually emerged anything. I kept running into blockers and such
15 so I just moved out the files I had created to test this out and that
16 put it back like it was. After that, I did my regular updates. This is
17 my kdelibs:
18
19 [IP-] [ ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.14.15-r1
20
21 I should be on KDE4 still. That is anyway and I would assume that would
22 be one that would update for sure.
26 >> I finally got around to adjusting the size of the icons. Now, all is
27 >> good.
28 > I have absolute faith in your ability to break if before the weekend os
29 > over ;-)
34 Actually, that is the first time I had issues with that since the whole
35 KDE3 to KDE4 move that I recall. I've been using the same saved session
36 for a really long time. My basic setup is things I use often and I just
37 start the rest as needed. Until this past update, it's worked fine.
38 Odd I know. lol
39
40 Dale
41