From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The end of
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 17:13:19
1 On 11/05/2014 10:55 AM, James wrote:
2 >
3 >> For you personally, I would try to find one or two people on the Java
4 >> project (actually working on Java right now) and explain to them that
5 >> you'd like to help close old bugs. Then you can CC or reassign the Java
6 >> bugs to those people. When bug mail gets sent to a herd or project, it's
7 >> too easy to say "screw it, someone else will deal with it." Bugs
8 >> addressed to me personally get attention much sooner, even if only for
9 >> psychological reasons. So reassigning those to a single person might
10 >> prompt action sooner than you'd get otherwise.
13 > Can you send me their gentoo mail addresses, privately?
16 I didn't have anyone in mind, it really isn't easy to figure out who's
17 active right now. Two things I would try:
18
19 1. See who's active in the Java overlay. This one's easy.
20
21 $ git clone git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java.git
22 $ cd java
23 $ git log
24
25 2. Check who's been making commits under dev-java.
26
27 $ cd $PORTDIR/dev-java
28 $ find ./ -name ChangeLog | xargs ls -l -h -t
29
30 That should give you a list of ChangeLogs, newest first. YOu can
31 look through them and see who's been doing what. I'm sure there's a
32 better way using CVS, but I don't know it.
33
34 Once you find a few people, just ask politely in #gentoo-java on IRC.