From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine - No sound after updates
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:16:54
1 On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > So far I have no other errors. Aqualung plays audio files. MythTV
4 > > works fine. mplayer seems to work, at least for audio files. xine is
5 > > the only DVD application we use so it's special in that sense. I could
6 > > try something else, I suppose. Not anxious to do that though.
7 > >
8 > > So far it seems like a xine problem. I'll look into dropping back a
9 > > rev tomorrow if you or someone else doesn't have an idea which way I
10 > > should go.
11 >
12 > It is starting to sound like an xine specific problem, and I'm honestly
13 > not too familiar with xine. I use mplayer for everything pretty much,
14 > but also I don't usually use the computer to play DVDs. Can anybody
15 > else help?install
16
17 I am not sure why you are getting all these libdvdread messages. They don't
18 come up on mine when I launch xine from a terminal (unless you are trying to
19 play a DVD at the time - which I did not try). You could try rebuilding it in
20 case some library linkage is borked (and revdep-rebuild fails to pick it up):
21
22 # emerge -aDv media-libs/libdvdread
23
24 BTW. win32codecs are necessary to play wmf and other types of files, so I
25 would always set this flag On, just like you show in your emerge --info. Make
26 sure that there is no package.use settings negating this.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick