From: Jackie <jiangjun12321@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDM stucking!
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:51:39
1 ÔÚ Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:01:42 +0800£¬Florian Philipp
2 <lists@×××××××××××.net> дµÀ:
3
4 > Am 23.04.2013 05:04, schrieb Jackie:
5 >> Starting up Gentoo today and found that after I entered my password in
6 >> KDM and the screen just stuck there with nothing for a while(maybe more
7 >> than 1min) and then splash came up.This never appeared before and I
8 >> don't know why.The only thing I did and might have something to do with
9 >> it is that I happened to have deleted the /var/tmp/kdecache-username
10 >> directory.So,is this reason? And what should I do now? Here is my
11 >> ~/.xsession-errors file:http://pastebin.com/7N3A9bCc
12 >> Thanks.
15 > What happens when you use login on the terminal and then use startx?
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Florian Philipp
21 Your quetion inspired me and I did the follow tests:
22 1).Login through KDM and then logout and login again,no change,still it
23 takes 1min before splah shows up;
24 2).Fresh startup and switch to TTY by Ctrl+Alt+F1 when KDM dialog shows
25 up and use startx,glad to see that things goes well and no delay
26 before splash appears.
27 3).Move ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde.bak and restart machine,no luck:(
28 I still don't get a clue what; wrong here and why this all happend. Hope
29 the information above will be helpful.