From: Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Decreasing volume of an mp3 audio
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:55
1 On Monday 24 August 2009, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Montag 24 August 2009, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > is there an application, which is able to physically decrease
6 > > the volume level of an mp3 with as less as possible loss of
7 > > sound quality.
8 > > (Background: I am merging video parts done with my webcam
9 > > with sound trailers. Volume of the webcam's mics and
10 > > the volume of the mp3 should be not too different.)
11 > >
12 > > Thank you very much for any help in advance !
13 > > Best regards
14 > > ]|[cc
15 >
16 > maybe this is the thing you are looking for:
19 > * media-sound/normalize
20 > Available versions: 0.7.7 {audiofile mad nls userland_BSD}
21 > Homepage: http://normalize.nongnu.org/
24 > ?
25
26 Also media-sound/mp3gain does the trick
27
28 Ciao
29 Francesco
32 Linux Version 2.6.30-gentoo-r5, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 15
33 09:51:20 CEST 2009
34 Two 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 4019.06 Bogomips Total
35 aemaeth