From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 09:39:10
1 On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:09:31 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > Why reinvent the wheel? abcde is a shell script that does this and
4 > > much more. It uses whichever ripper, encoder etc. that you want, with
5 > > whatever options you want.
6 >
7 > I like to putter around with bash scripts. I've written up a 146-line
8 > script (83 lines of script plus 63 lines of comments)
9
10 abcde is a little larger than that.
11
12 % wc -l =abcde
13 4896 /usr/bin/abcde
14
15 > that handles
16 > things to *MY* specs for *MY* needs. It processes .inf and .wav files
17 > in a directory, creating flac files in a flac subdirectory. I haven't
18 > tested it under all conditions, but it tries to handle...
19 >
20 > * Check for a "flac" subdirectory; create one if it doesn't already
21 > exist
22 > * If "Tracktitle" field is empty, bail out.
23 > * If "Tracktitle" field contains a slash ("/"), assume that the artist's
24 > name is to the left of the slash, and the song name is on the right
25 > side of the slash.
26 > * If "Tracktitle" field is non-empty, but doesn't contain a "/", assume
27 > that it only has the title.
28 > - Get the artist name from the "Performer" field.
29 > - If "Performer" field is empty, use "Albumperformer" field.
30 > - If both are empty, set artist name to "Unknown".
31 > * The flac files are created in the "flac" subdirectory
32
33 That's pretty much what I do with abcde, except I only had to edit a
34 config file, leaving my script puttering time for wheels I need more.
35
36 How do you handle compilation/multi-artist CDs?
40 Neil Bothwick
41
42 Hello.. Incontinence Hotline.. Can you hold?