From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: about the 2007.1
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:39:07
1 On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 07:21:36 -0500, David Relson wrote:
2
3 > Some efforts were also made with the command line installer. My
4 > problem there was typing and overlooking details. If I mistyped
5 > something (or forgot to enter needed info) and went on to the next
6 > screen, there was no way to go back and correct the mistake/oversight.
7
8 There is no command line "installer" just a series of commands to be run
9 in a shell. If you miss one, go and do it. Bash doesn't need a back button.
10
11 > I've not yet updated to the AMD64 version of Gentoo because of the
12 > painful memories of the initial installation.
13
14 You probably learned a lot from that pain, try it again and you'll
15 probably find it much easier.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Locutous for Pontiac: Excitment is irrelivent.