From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: minimal / stand-alone mail daemon?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 05:51:40
1 On 2017-01-16 16:51, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > And if you don't know of one, I'd like to hear how you deal with this.
4
5 Thanks for the suggestions.
6
7 What I have done for now is disable the exim listener outright (that is,
8 take it out of the default runlevel). The daemons know how to pass
9 their messages on stdin, and an hourly cronjob takes care of cleaning
10 the queue, should there be a need for that.
11
12 I keep forgetting gentoo is flexible enough to let me do such things :)
15 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
16 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
17 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html