From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Best video player
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:44:23
1 On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:20:35 +0100
2 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3
4 > > I see that there is also a switch called "-nokeepaspect":
5 > >
6 > > -nokeepaspect
7 > > Do not keep window aspect ratio when resizing windows. Only works with
8 > > the x11, xv, xmga, xvidix, directx video output drivers. Furthermore under
9 > > X11 your window manager has to honor window aspect hints.
10 > >
11 > > Maybe this is turned on in your machine?
12 > >
13 > > Check /etc/mplayer.conf (system wide) and ~/.mplayer/*
16 > I do not have this options in any config, which are both the defaults one, but
17 > when I resize the (g)mplayer window with the mouse, the aspect ratio is
18 > totally ignored. Which is pretty annoying.
19 >
20 > Xine, on the other hand, does honor the aspect ratio. When the window is to
21 > tall or wide, black lines are added until the aspect is correct.
22 >
23 > Glück Auf
24 > Volker
25
26 Interesting, is this on all files, or just some?
27
28 Is it the same in gmplayer and mplayer?
32 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list