From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Non-deprecated Kernel support for ATA CDROM?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 07:33:03
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:06:59PM +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote
3 >
4 >> On Friday 21 January 2011 20:20:33 Dale wrote:
7 >>> lol You do like I do. I post then figure it out or find a
8 >>> workaround. lol Glad I am not alone on doing this. ;-)
9 >>>
10 >> Very far from it!
11 >>
12 > A couple of days ago I was writing up a post about how I couldn't get
13 > my backup dialup connection working on my newer computer. I had listed
14 > all the error messages about not being able find/open /dev/usb/ttyACM0,
15 > despite the fact that it showed up in "ll /dev/usb". About 30 seconds
16 > before I was going to hit "P" (for Post) I glanced down, and noticed
17 > that the usb dialup modem was still plugged into my other computer...
18 > dohhhh. That was too close for comfort.
22 That does sound like me. I put my second rig in another room. I kept
23 getting the keyboards mixed up.
24
25 This is odd. I need the ACM0 file for my cell phone to work. I can't
26 get that file for some reason. Still haven't figured it out yet. I
27 assume a udev issue but not sure.
28
29 Dale
30