From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Non-deprecated Kernel support for ATA CDROM?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 03:01:57
1 On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:06:59PM +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote
2 > On Friday 21 January 2011 20:20:33 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > > lol You do like I do. I post then figure it out or find a
5 > > workaround. lol Glad I am not alone on doing this. ;-)
6 >
7 > Very far from it!
8
9 A couple of days ago I was writing up a post about how I couldn't get
10 my backup dialup connection working on my newer computer. I had listed
11 all the error messages about not being able find/open /dev/usb/ttyACM0,
12 despite the fact that it showed up in "ll /dev/usb". About 30 seconds
13 before I was going to hit "P" (for Post) I glanced down, and noticed
14 that the usb dialup modem was still plugged into my other computer...
15 dohhhh. That was too close for comfort.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>