From: Kan-I Jyo <cecilhsujp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros 5xxx driver in kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r5
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:15:29
1 2008/6/24 Zhou Rui <ghoulr@×××××.com>:
2 > Thanks for your help, but I'm still puzzled with the madwifi driver and the
3 > build-in ath5k driver. Does it mean
4 > if I choose to install a madwifi driver I can still use my 2.6.24 kernel?
5
6 Though ath5k driver will eventually replace the madwifi driver
7 according to the development team, surely you can use your current
8 2.6.24 kernel with madwifi-ng package in portage.
9
10 However, as Dirk has mentioned, the driver may or may not work with
11 your card. So you may have to give it a try.
12
13 > But the problem is I cannot find the "non-hamradio
14 > WLAN" option in current kernel either...
15
16 If the "How to install madwifi" gentoo wiki page is what you are
17 reffering to, it may be a little bit out of date. You can take a look
18 on madwifi.org's web page for an up-to-date requirements.
19
20 http://madwifi.org/wiki/Requirements
24 Sincerely,
25