From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:47:00
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday 31 Aug 2011 01:05:15 Dale wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Still open to ideas. Keep in mind, failsafe works as does Fluxbox.
6 >>> Speaking of, how do I get the Fluxbox menu to include all the KDE apps?
7 >>> I want the card games, kpat and such, to show up. He may can use that
8 >>> until I can figure out something else. Maybe a mobo with a decent
9 >>> video
10 >>> card for a start. ;-)
11 >> I used to write my own when I was using Fluxbox all the time, mostly
12 >> because I
13 >> had my own preferences for menus/submenus/apps, menu icons, etc.
14 >>
15 >> However, there's a number of scripts that will parse other DE and create
16 >> Fluxbox menus for you. Can't recall them off hand, have a look at
17 >> the Fluxbox
18 >> website - I'm sure I saw them mentioned there. I also seem to recall
19 >> scripts
20 >> discussed in the forums>5 years ago.
21 >
22 > Thanks. I'll go look some more. I been there before but I was
23 > looking for other info so I may have missed that.
24 >
25 > Thanks again.
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >
29 > :-) :-)
32 For future reference, this is a good link and it works.
33
34 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Fluxbox
35
36 I ended up using the menumaker package. I also had to use the -f option
37 to overwrite the already created file. Now I have the apps in the menu
38 where they should be.
39
40 Thanks much. Now I wish I had a better video card to fix the other
41 problems. ;-)
42
43 Dale
44