From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:14:32
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 31 Aug 2011 01:05:15 Dale wrote:
3 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> check permissions? Get some graphics hardware with not-broken drivers?
5 >> I even tried a fresh new .kde directory. Same thing. The video is
6 >> built in so I'm sort of stuck with it I don't have a card that will fit
7 >> in it to even test the theory.
8 >>
9 >> Still open to ideas. Keep in mind, failsafe works as does Fluxbox.
10 >> Speaking of, how do I get the Fluxbox menu to include all the KDE apps?
11 >> I want the card games, kpat and such, to show up. He may can use that
12 >> until I can figure out something else. Maybe a mobo with a decent video
13 >> card for a start. ;-)
14 > I used to write my own when I was using Fluxbox all the time, mostly because I
15 > had my own preferences for menus/submenus/apps, menu icons, etc.
16 >
17 > However, there's a number of scripts that will parse other DE and create
18 > Fluxbox menus for you. Can't recall them off hand, have a look at the Fluxbox
19 > website - I'm sure I saw them mentioned there. I also seem to recall scripts
20 > discussed in the forums>5 years ago.
21
22 Thanks. I'll go look some more. I been there before but I was looking
23 for other info so I may have missed that.
24
25 Thanks again.
26
27 Dale