From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering kalarm data
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 02:22:07
1 On 6/24/06, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > When I start kalarm, it does not show any items. If I add an
4 > > item, it shows, but nothing else.
5 >
6 > Have you tried refreshing alarms (under Actions)? Have tried
7 > killing all kalarm* processes and then restarting kalarm?
8
9 Refresh does not seem to do anything.
10 Killing *all* kalarm* processes required root priv. But I don't see
11 it in /etc/init.d, so I don't know what starts it. The good news is
12 that once I did that, a new kalarm showed the old alarms.
15 > > However, I continue to get on-screen alerts according to the
16 > > original calendar.
17 >
18 > So they work, you just can't see them? Hmm. Interesting bug. :)
19
20 Indeed.
23 > But the new ones you create, they stay visible? Also after a
24 > restart? Do you maybe have multiple kalarms running? Multiple KDE
25 > versions installed?
26
27 The new ones stayed visible in the kalarm instance that created them,
28 or in one I started just to look at them, but they disappeared when
29 I finally figured out how to go back to the old ones. There probably
30 were multiple kalarms, but I'm not sure because it was a bit confusing.
31
32 Nope, single version -- the latest stuff as of yesterday, built from
33 scratch the day before.
36 > > So: my file !/.kde/share/apps/kalarm/calendar.ics is actually the
37 > > old one. Why is a new instance of kalarm not seeing it? What
38 > > exactly is running in the background to give me the old alarms?
39 >
40 > Press F1, read chapters 5 and 7.
41
42 I'll do that. But things seem to be back to stable.
43 >
44 > When you make a new alarm, does it show up in the calendar.ics file?
45 No. How odd.
46
47 > If so, copy and old and a new vevent to two files and diff them.
48 >
49 > Benno
50 > --
51 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list