From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering kalarm data
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 21:30:58
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > When I start kalarm, it does not show any items. If I add an
3 > item, it shows, but nothing else.
4
5 Have you tried refreshing alarms (under Actions)? Have tried
6 killing all kalarm* processes and then restarting kalarm?
7
8 > However, I continue to get on-screen alerts according to the
9 > original calendar.
10
11 So they work, you just can't see them? Hmm. Interesting bug. :)
12
13 But the new ones you create, they stay visible? Also after a
14 restart? Do you maybe have multiple kalarms running? Multiple KDE
15 versions installed?
16
17 > So: my file !/.kde/share/apps/kalarm/calendar.ics is actually the
18 > old one. Why is a new instance of kalarm not seeing it? What
19 > exactly is running in the background to give me the old alarms?
20
21 Press F1, read chapters 5 and 7.
22
23 When you make a new alarm, does it show up in the calendar.ics file?
24 If so, copy and old and a new vevent to two files and diff them.
25
26 Benno
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list