From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:46:13
1 Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:54:09 -0500
3 > Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:21:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
9 >>>
10 >>>> Now that most puters don't have a floppy, how will people update
11 >>>> the BIOS?? I don't have windoze at all and my next rig may not
12 >>>> have a floppy either.
13 >>>>
14 >>> My new Asus motherboard updates from a USB stick.
15 >>>
18 >> LOL I don't have one of those either. Just my luck. At least they
19 >> are looking ahead though.
23 >> Dale
26 > USB sticks are virtually worthless nowadays, for a couple tens of
27 > dollars you should be able to get one with a capacity of a few gigs.
28 >
29 > There's also the possibility of writing directly to the cmos
30 > with /dev/nvram, isn't there? It's a character device driver in the
31 > kernel.
34 I didn't know they were that cheap. Don't they require a OS though? I
35 don't have windoze around here. ;-)
36
37 Dale
38
42 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
43
44 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.