From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:18:44
1 On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:54:09 -0500
2 Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:21:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
6 > >> Now that most puters don't have a floppy, how will people update
7 > >> the BIOS?? I don't have windoze at all and my next rig may not
8 > >> have a floppy either.
9 > > My new Asus motherboard updates from a USB stick.
10
11 > LOL I don't have one of those either. Just my luck. At least they
12 > are looking ahead though.
13
14 > Dale
15
16 USB sticks are virtually worthless nowadays, for a couple tens of
17 dollars you should be able to get one with a capacity of a few gigs.
18
19 There's also the possibility of writing directly to the cmos
20 with /dev/nvram, isn't there? It's a character device driver in the
21 kernel.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list