From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdev and lvm2
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 03:24:22
1 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 >Hi, Dan.
4 >
5 >On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 02:34:16PM +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
6 >> Hello List,
7 >
8 >> What is the status of using mdev (instead the ever "growing" udev)
9 >> together with lvm2? Reason for my question is that at
10 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev it says " One beta tester reports
11 >> getting close with lvm2, but it's not there yet.".
12 >
13 >I think that beta tester was me. I had lvm2 partitions running under
14 >mdev without problems. (They were also RAID-1, just for completion's
15 >sake.)
16 >
17 >The only change I had to make was to my /etc/fstab. Where I previously
18 >had:
19 >
20 > /dev/vg/usr /usr <options>
21 >
22 >under udev, I then needed
23 >
24 > /dev/mapper/vg-usr /usr <options>
25 >
26 >instead. mdev failed to create the /dev/vg directory. With this
27 >change,
28 >my system worked quite happily. Sadly, I went back to udev when
29 >xf86-input-evdev-2.7.0 started depending on udev, back in June last
30 >year.
31 >
32 >> Regards,
33 >> --
34 >> Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
35 >> ***************************************************
36 >> This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!
37 >> ***************************************************
38 >
39 >--
40 >Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
41
42 LVM can be configured to double-check udev to make sure all the /dev entries are done correctly.
43 By default this is not switched on.
44 See /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
47 It might solve that part. It solves some udev issues on one of my systems where the links are not handled correctly by udev for snapshots.
50 Joost
51 --
52 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.