From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cloning + upgrade howto?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:36:28
1 On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:35:37 +0100, Nevynxxx wrote:
2
3 > > Only one, portage will barf when you have a world file containing
4 >
5 > I've never seen that, and yes, I've been known to add a package atom to
6 > the end of the world file when I wanted to update world, and add a
7 > package at the same time (xfce4 was the last time I think, a month or
8 > so ago), and didn't want to do it in two commands.....
9
10 OK, that's changed then. The last time I transferred an installation,
11 Portage really didn't like having non-installed packages in world.
12
13 > In that cases I was adding a whole DE, so was also changing lots of USE
14 > flags, so wanted an emerge -uDavN world to just update all the use flags
15 > at once.... echo "xfce-base/xfce4" >> /var/lib/portage/world followed by
16 > emerge -uDavN world worked a treat.....
17
18 That's still two commands :) You can do it in one with
19
20 emerge -uavDN @world xfce4
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 "" " """ " "" " """ <-- random quotes